About me

My photo
Bucuresti, Romania
I`m a passionate person. I`m childish. Serious. I`m committed. I`m a teaser. I`m a die-hard fan of art, nature, little [but so meaningful] things. I cherish my family. I appreciate beauty, nature, real friendship. I fall for heart-felt hugs, forehead kisses, sunsets and long walks. I`m a believer, always searching for happiness wherever I go. :)

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Can money buy happiness?

“Can money buy happiness?” is a highly debated issue nowadays. The opinions are widely spread and, as far as I`ve noticed, prevailing are the “Time is money” and the “Enjoy every single moment” categories of people.

What I think constitutes a problem is the fact that an increasingly high number of persons sustain that “happiness is not all about money but it`s ensured by it” –which basically means that money do have the ability to buy happiness, but in a more diplomatic way. Practically, everywhere one looks there are racing-for-money adults, teenagers that see no problem in taking mostly anything for granted, children that are more concerned about looks, new technology and computer games than naturally enjoying their childhood; even in parks, one can see parents accompanying their children and notice that a significant number of them incessantly show their many other concerns (by constantly watching the time, speaking on the phone, providing straight, monosyllabic answers etc.) instead of pressing “Pause” and gloating over that quality time opportunity.

“Some people are so poor, all they have is money” is the quote that emerges in my mind. We`ve forgotten the critical purpose of self knowledge, auto-limitations and consistency. We are effortlessly influenced by society, trends and everyday situations that we`ve lost contact with our true selves.  We encounter ourselves misdirecting the joy brought by the things that really matter to the number of (mostly material) objectives completed.


There`s not enough time allocation towards authenticity and reasoning, but an increase in the superficiality level and a tendency towards goal-oriented behaviors, which ultimately lead to the misinterpretation of the discrepancy between genuine happiness and evanescent satisfaction.



I say whenever you`re in doubt, just look into your heart. The answer is definitely in there somewhere and is usually the simplest one. We just tend to make a big deal out of everything (Yeah.. not so wise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment